Monday, December 29, 2014

A Merry Happy Christmas

My second family is pretty darn good to me.

We took this fifty times, and he scowled every time.




This picture is actually making fun of David, who will be home in 8 months now, eep!


























An excerpt from my journal:

12/25/2014
Today is Christmas day, and it has definitely been a beautiful one. The Kings, Ray, Liz, and John are all here. Family makes for a good time. I got this journal this morning from The Johnsons. They are all the sweetest, and this is one of the most beautiful gifts I have ever been given. Although I got many wonderful and thoughtful gifts from my loved ones, the real gifts of today were the less visible ones, like getting along with my sister for long enough to play Christmas songs on the cello and violin for my grandpa. After, he said, "this is what I have been waiting for all day." And he meant it. Another "gift" that I did not appreciate was being squished between John and Rachael on a couch as they simultaneously released the foulest smelling gases known to human noses. Let's just say that we are lucky I'm still here because that almost killed me. And of course, on an extremely different note, the greatest gift of all that I got to celebrate today was the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I'm especially grateful for Him today, among all of the hastily torn wrapping paper, orange chocolates, N64 games, and even some sting-pong. He truly is the gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment